Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shosh at 3 months


Shoshana turned 3 months on October 13th. It's crazy to just go back and edit these now that she is 5 and half months and see how much she has changed.



Even though I haven't been writing blog posts, I have been making notes under each month heading for Shosh, so I can remember what she was up to during that month.

kindly ignore all the dog hair on my couch, please & thank you

When she was 3 months she had just recently gotten into holding her own hands. Surprise, I thought it was adorable.


She also started babbling. Surprise, I also found this to be very very cute.


She developed some light cradle cap right at her hairline. Nothing too bad and I could just pick off any that was snuck down past her hair.


She rolled from her belly onto her back for the very first time! She didn't do it often, but it happened and both Willie and I were able to witness it.


She giggled for the first time... for Willie! I didn't even get to see it, because it happened while I was giving Judah a bath. I could hear it happening though. Try as I might, I was not able to get her to giggle for me.


Her eyes were starting to show the first hints of color. She had the newborn dark grey eyes for the first couple of months and by 3 months they had flecks of brown near the iris.



She was also big enough to start sitting in her bumbo. Judah didn't get much use out of the bumbo, as he was too fat. His little legs got stuck in the leg holes. He is actually better able to sit in the bumbo now at two than he was as a baby. Shosh is not a skinny baby by any means, but her legs are significantly less rolly-polly than Judah's were.



Another major event in Shoshana's life was her very first sleepover at my parents' house. It left something to be desired. Judah did fine (he has had many a sleepover at my parent's house and Bill's parents' house), but Shosh absolutely refused to go to sleep. Instead she yelled at my mom for her attempts in the matter. My mom eventually gave up after multiple tries and Shosh stayed up with my dad watching TV until after midnight. She eventually went to sleep (a good 5 hours past her normal bedtime) and then woke back up at 5 am and was up for the day (and she is normally not an early morning riser).


We did not intend for Shosh to have an overnight so early in her young little life, but circumstances arouse that made it necessary.


A little after Shosh turned a month old, I started second shooting and assisting at weddings. This was a nice way to ease back in to working. I was able to get out and shoot, but did not have to commit to any extra work time (such as all the time that comes with editing or communicating with clients). It was a nice set-up since I never knew how much time or energy (or sleep) I would be able to put forth in those early months. Plus, weddings are most often on the weekend which meant that Bill would be able to stay home with the kids.

Ralph wins the award for being the best kid dog

However, Bill's work schedule is anything but regular and it turned out that out of the 8 wedding I worked on this year, Bill ended up working for more than half of them. Luckily, we have very supportive families who were able to step in and watch the kids (sometimes under extremely short notice as Bill's schedule can change without much notice).



I wouldn't be able to pursue my business as a professional photographer if it wasn't for them and all their help. Thank you, family! I super duper appreciate it!




1 comment: