Saturday, December 18, 2010

Midwife Win!

I am happy to report that I have found a midwife... well, actually, a group of midwives. They are located right above the Birthing Inn. I had called them earlier in the week to see if they could take me, but the receptionists said they were already fully booked for June. Too bad, so sad.

I had been emailing with the manager at the Birthing Inn. I was asking if there were any other midwives not listed online that could use the facility, because I was rapidly running out of options. I had exhausted all the local Tacoma midwives on the list, and was moving on to ones whose clinics were located in other cities. Which would mean I would have to drive to the other city for my monthly, and then weekly appointments. Something I was not super psyched about. But, I was getting desperate. I really wanted to deliver at the Birthing Inn and not as some freaking hospital. If we couldn't get into the Birthing Inn, then I was willing to give home-birthing a shot. I wasn't super keen on the idea, since I don't keep the cleanest of houses and two dogs and two cats don't really fit into my picture of delivery. Plus, I am planning on working as long as possible up to my due date, which doesn't leave a lot time to get the house birth ready.

Anywho, back to the manager. She asks if I had checked with the group of midwives located upstairs. She was under the impression they still had some openings for June and to let them know I wanted to deliver at the Inn. So... I called them again. I got a new receptionists this time. And, I made sure to say right off the bat that I wanted to deliver at the Birthing Inn. Lo and behold, new receptionist tells me they have openings! Yay! Happy, glorious day! I have no idea why I didn't get this result when I called earlier in the week. The two options I have come up with are: A. receptionist numero 1 was off her game and misread the schedule or B. they reserve a certain number of spots for the Birthing Inn, but you have to MAKE SURE you let them know you want to deliver there. Whatever the explanation, the important part is that I am in! I have my first appointment with them next week and then we will go from there.

My next step? Finding the perfect doula.

Also, I finally got my hair did today. It had been way too long since my last salon trip. I held off getting it done during the first trimester just to be super safe and all... but now I am second trimester and my hair is thanking me. Ahhh.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad everything is beginning to fall into place for you. Hopefully you'll like the midwife better than your OBGYN.

    ReplyDelete