Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fabric Fun

I spent far too much time (and money) at Joanne's today picking out fabrics to decorate onesies. My first baby shower is down in Oregon this weekend and my mom (who is throwing it along with my MIL) estimates that there will be about 40 people there. That's a lot of people, right? So, I feel totally validated in my buying of a lot of fabrics, right? Of course, not everyone will decorate (or if your feeling fancy- appliqué) a onesie and others will make multiples. Annnnd... this is just shower number one. I will have another one here in Tacoma in May- that one will  be a casual co-ed bbq type thing, but decorating onesies will still be available for all! I'll also have a shower at work- which brings the grand total of showers for me (and Judah) to three. Yowza. That is a lot. Of course, the work one will not have onesie decorating- just fruit, cake, and presents. I cannot even imagine what we are going to do with all the stuff we are bound to get, let alone, where we are going to store it all until the nursery is ready (which better be before shower numero dos!).

Can you tell I have a thing for blues and greens?

I bought nearly 30 different fabrics. Overkill, no? I'm thinking maybe with the leftover bits (because there are bound to be some) I could maybe make a patchwork blanket or pillow for Judah. I got a quarter yard of each fabric, so there will be lots of options for all the designers-to-be at the shower(s).

If Judah was not a Judah but a Lilly, I think there would be twice as many fabrics in the pile. There were sooo many cute girly fabrics. I love me some florals and there were tons of cheery graphic florals.

After Joanne's I hit up Costco. Now I am home. And tired. All that shopping really drained the energy supply. I would like to take a nap... buuut I have to pick up Bill from work in an hour. So that won't work. This morning I envisioned getting back from running errands and then starting in on housework. However, it doesn't so much look like that is going to happen. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment